Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hagia Sofia

As part of starting here, I decided to post this lovely picture and identify some of its elements in Turkish.

Picture: resim
Lovely: güzel
Building: yapı
Grass: ot

Note: At http://www.turkishdictionary.net/, I'm finding multiple words for the same thing. For now at least, I'm just picking one out of the bunch and going with that. So, my listing of a one-to-one relationship between English and Turkish words is just my way of keeping it simple for myself at this phase.

Flowers: çiçekler
Bush: çalı
Tree: ağaç
Trees: ağaçler (??)
Small: az
Small tree: az ağaç
Dome: kubbe
Top: üst
Dome top: kubbe üst
Minaret: mınare
Minarets: minarelar (??)

Note: Wherever you see (??) that means I'm not sure. Please feel free to leave a comment if I mess it up or if I karışmak. :^)

Man: adam
Walking: yürüyor
Color: renk
Colors: renklı

That's it for now. Hoşça kal!

No comments: