Sunday, November 25, 2007

Vocabulary building 02

I've been using Rosetta Stone to build my Turkish vocabulary. I've decided to reinforce some of those words here. This effort echoes a January post but with pictures this time.

Dog: Köpek
Puppy: Köpek yavrusu
Woman (Salma Hayek; aka hubba hubba!): Kadın (aka çok güzel!)
Man (Gary Cooper): Adam
Cat: Kedi
Kitten: Kedi yavrusu
Bathroom: Tuvalet
Bathroom countertop and toiletries: tuvalet masası ve tuvalet malzemeleri
Baskets (on top of my cabinets to maximize the use of space and give it a uniform appearance): Sepetler (Sepet = basket; -ler is the Turkish version of -s in English; -ler instead of -lar here to conform to the vowel harmony rule
Electric light and fan combination (part of my recent kitchen renovations): Elektrik lâmbası ve vantilatör terkip

No comments: